Thursday 10 May 2012

Things I've been up to since last time.

Firstly, here's my latest track, listen to it while you read the rest of the post, neither are very long:

This one was actually written with a particular point in mind, which is what I'm going to talk about for the remainder. Our game begins, rather predictably, with a monologue by our protagonist, who presently has multiple placeholder names. It's designed to be an insight very early on to his mind, and what he thinks about. A big part of the story is going to be his transformation from the sad, depressive type he starts off as (there are some really big complications to this too, but don't want to give them away just yet) to the personality he becomes by the ending, which could be anything from complete reform to crippling insanity, it's still very open.

This typical opening to a story usually has a calm piece of music attached to it, and this is one I'd been fiddling with without writing down for a few weeks before I started on the project at all; no point letting a good tune go to waste, eh? When I laid out the first five pieces I would be producing, this one was quickly labelled with a "dat monologue" tag. It'll get repeated a couple more times in the story though, whenever the story demands it.

Coding wise, the first draft is being written by Barnox at a similar pace to me rewriting it into our engine, so once he's got to the end of act one I'll do my best to catch up with him and we can beg somebody for art. That's how I see it working out, anyway.

No idea if the timing for the music and the post worked out, if it did then you're probably a slow reader, I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment